2019 ASSESSMENT REMINDER
The 2019 HOA assessment payment of $150 is due by January 31. You can pay by PayPal or check.
If you wish to pay using PayPal, log in to your PayPal account and select Send Money to Friends and Family. In the box Email, Mobile Number, or Name, enter firstname.lastname@example.org and on the next screen enter 150.00. In Add a Note enter “CWHA 2019 Assessment”. Do not put a checkmark in the Paying for Goods or Services” as this will deduct a fee from your payment. Click Continue and on the next screen, select the bank account that you want to use to pay the assessment. Do not use the credit card option as that incurs a fee that will be deducted from your payment. On the next screen, click on Send Money Now and you are done!
To pay by check, make your check out to Connemara Woods Homeowners Association and mail it to CWHA, P.O. BOX 1544, Sterling, VA 20167.
CWHA ANNUAL MEETING
The CWHA Annual Meeting will be held March 9th at 9:30 AM at the Board of Supervisor’s Conference Room, 21641 Ridgetop Circle, Sterling. Assessments must be paid prior March 9th to vote at the meeting. We anticipate having speakers from the Mount Sterling and Montebello Farms developments as well as Sterling Supervisor Koran Saines. We will also elect one new board member. If you are interested in serving on the board, please contact board president Gus Muller at email@example.com.
Is anyone interested in a 2019 Great Country Farms Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Membership? This includes 20 weeks of weekly delivered fresh vegetables and fruits from the beginning of June through October. You also get free entrance to the farm (lots to do there if you have kids!) the whole season spring to fall, and during the CSA season there is a certain amount of fruits and/or veggies you can pick for free as part of your U-pick weekly. The cost breaks down to $33.95 a week.
The address (312 Tramore Ct.) is a Private Group site for delivery each week. They have pick-up at the farm in Bluemont or delivery to group sites of 5 or more shares. The delivery day is going to be Thursday this season. Usually, they deliver the shares mid-morning.
Amy Mirra has participated in this CSA for 10 years. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to join with those in the community who are already members.
You can get information on the Great Country's CSA Program at:
MOUNT STERLING, MONTEBELLO FARMS, AND UPTOWN HOTEL
1) Mount Sterling. Mount Sterling will consist of a total of 316 units consisting of 144 market rate multifamily units, 98 multi-family age restricted Affordable Dwelling Units (ADUs), and 74 market rate single family townhomes located adjacent to Cascades Overlook. On September 12, the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors approved the rezoning application. Engineering and design are next. This will take a least a year to complete once construction begins. The proposal can be viewed here. Search for ZMAP-2018-0001
2 ) Montebello Farms by Pulte Homes. The proposal is for an age restricted (55 and older) residential community consisting of a mix of 406 townhouses, condos, and detached single family homes located in the area adjacent to Connemara Drive and Tramore Court. A public hearing before the Loudoun County Planning Commission was held December 18th at 6:00 in the BoS Conference Room. The Planning Commission referred the proposal to a work group for further study.
On the County website, search for LOLA and then for ZMAP-2018-0003 and ZMAP-2018-0010. Also, the most recent site layout can be found on the CWHA website Resources page.
At the request of the Connemara Woods Board of Directors, Pulte Homes has agreed to the following:
1) Elimination of both pedestrian and vehicular access along Connemara Drive into Montebello Farms. Instead, Pulte Homes has provided a pedestrian access point through the common area that exists between the future Lots 47 and 48 of Montebello Farms and the existing CW homes located at 115 and 117 Connemara Drive. This access point will be mutually accessible to both the residents of Connemara Woods and Montebello Farms. This should provide Connemara Woods residents walking access to Claude Moore Park should Montebello Farms gain walking access to the Park.
2) Pulte Homes will remove the existing wire fencing along the shared property line between Connemara Woods and Montebello Farms. Pulte Homes will provide the Connemara Woods Board of Directors with a check in the amount of $25,000 for the procurement and installation of a split-fail fence along the shared property line between Connemara Woods and Montebello Farms. The check shall be issued by Pulte Homes to the Board of Directors upon commencement of onsite land development activities associated with the improvements reflected in ZMAP-2018-0003/0010.
3) Pulte Homes will work to address the existing drainage concerns raised at the community meetings held between the Connemara Woods community and Pulte Homes. Based on Pulte Home’s preliminary grading scheme, the amount of area draining from Montebello Farms to Connemara Woods has been significantly reduced and the grading directs the flow to swales contained on the Montebello property. In addition to the grade changes on site, Pulte Homes commits to providing a rear yard inlet extending from the low corner of the terminus of Connemara Drive to collect the minor drainage coming off of Connemara Drive and to pipe it into the Montebello Farms community for treatment, subject to County approval. Additionally, Pulte Homes will provide rear yard inlets, subject to County approval, behind the proposed lots located at the top of the hill to collect any drainage from the Montebello Farms community to prevent any runoff into Connemara Woods.
3) UpTown Hotel. UpTown/Northern Gate Hotel proposed construction of an extended stay hotel to be built on an undeveloped lot across from Cascades Overlook between the gas station and the medical/office buildings. The rezoning application was approved by the Board of Supervisors on September 12th. Click here to learn more about the hotel.
The Officers and Committee Chairs and members of the CWHA BoD are: President – Gus Muller; Vice President – Chris Phillips; Secretary – John Wilson; Treasurer – Burgan Pugh; Chair ACC – Mike Segura; Chair Grounds – Pat Hogan. Members at Large – Mike Cao (ACC) and Joy Malmberg (ACC).
The Board normally meets the second Tuesday of each month at 7 PM at 120 Connemara Drive. The Minutes of Board meetings are available upon request to the Board Secretary.