Our next annual meeting is planned for Saturday, March 11, 2023 from 9:30 am until noon. The meeting will be in Meeting Room A/B at the STERLING Library (not Cascades) which is located at 22330 S. Sterling Blvd, Suite A117, . Sterling, VA, 20164. It is in the shopping center, in the shops across from the Safeway.
LOUDOUN VIEW, MONTEBELLO, AND UPTOWN HOTEL
1) Loudoun View (formerly "Mount Sterling") Loudoun View will consist of a total of 316 units consisting of 144 market rate multifamily units, 98 multi-family age restricted Affordable Housing Units (AHUs), and 74 market rate single family townhomes located adjacent to Cascades Overlook. Extensive site preparation is underway.
The proposal can be viewed here. Search for ZMAP-2018-0001
2 ) Montebello by Pulte Homes. Montebello is a planned Del-Webb development for an age restricted (55 and older) residential community consisting of a mix of 406 townhouses, condos, and detached single family homes located in the area adjacent to Connemara Drive and Tramore Court. The most recent site layout available to the CWHA Board can be found on the CWHA website Resources tab. Montebello Development Website
At the request of the Connemara Woods Board of Directors, Pulte Homes has agreed to the following:
1) Elimination of both pedestrian and vehicular access along Connemara Drive into Montebello. Instead, Pulte Homes has provided a pedestrian access point through the common area that exists between the future Lots 47 and 48 of Montebello and the existing CW homes located at 115 and 117 Connemara Drive. This access point will be mutually accessible to both the residents of Connemara Woods and Montebello. This will provide Connemara Woods residents walking access to Claude Moore Park.
2) Pulte Homes will remove the existing wire fencing along the shared property line between Connemara Woods and Montebello. Pulte Homes will install and maintain a split-fail fence along the shared property line between Connemara Woods and Montebello.
3) Pulte Homes will work to address the existing drainage concerns raised at the community meetings held between the Connemara Woods community and Pulte Homes. Based on Pulte Home’s preliminary grading scheme, the amount of area draining from Montebello to Connemara Woods has been significantly reduced and the grading directs the flow to swales contained on the Montebello property. In addition to the grade changes on site, Pulte Homes commits to providing a rear yard inlet extending from the low corner of the terminus of Connemara Drive to collect the minor drainage coming off of Connemara Drive and to pipe it into the Montebello community for treatment, subject to County approval. Additionally, Pulte Homes will provide rear yard inlets, subject to County approval, behind the proposed lots located at the top of the hill to collect any drainage from the Montebello community to prevent any runoff into Connemara Woods.
Proffers to the county include widening Potomac View Road and adding a new right turn lane from Potomac View Road onto Route 7 East.
3) UpTown Hotel. UpTown/Northern Gate Hotel is a proposed construction of an extended stay hotel to be built on an undeveloped lot across from Cascades Overlook between the gas station and the medical/office buildings. The rezoning application was approved by the Board of Supervisors on September 12th, 2018. Click here to learn more about the hotel.
The Officers and Committee Chairs and members of the CWHA BoD are: President – Sam Kaleem; Vice President – Catherine Hawkins; Secretary –Tyson Malmberg; Treasurer – Elizabeth Nassar; Chair ACC – Patrick Williams; Chair Grounds – Mike Cao. Members at Large – Joy Malmbeg (also assistant to Secretary)
The Board normally meets the second Tuesday of each month. The Minutes of Board meetings are available upon request to the Board Secretary.